Friday, October 16, 2015

2015 Fall Obsessions: Stay Warm and Pretty!

It's October 16th, 2015 and a cloudy 52 degrees in the great city of Chicago, Illinois. I am ecstatic. Fall is absolutely my favorite season. While I do love wearing sundresses on 80 degree days and basking in the sun by the pool, I would trade every summer to get an extra few months of Autumn.

What is about Autumn? For me, it's a few things that wrap up together to make the perfect atmosphere.

1. The general overcast skies of the Midwest during Autumn paired with the 45-60 degree days lets me bring out my favorite pieces from my wardrobe; well made jeans, sweaters, scarves, hats, and of course, boots/booties. Black ones, brown ones, leather ones, suede ones, knee length, calf length, ankle length, boots with straps, boots with buckles...I cannot get enough of them! I tip my hat to the boot Gods of Steve Madden, Dolce Vita, Frye, Hunter, and yes, even Uggs for the especially snowy days.

2. The food! Fall food, what comes to mind? Coffee, tea, spices, soups, roasts, turkeys, mashed potatoes, every type of casserole, warm desserts, cold desserts, you name it, I'll eat it.

3. The activities. A simple walk or stroll is turned up a notch during fall, as you are surrounded by dark reds and beautifully changing leaves, watching them fall and hearing them crunch under your feet.

So what's not to love? Here are a few of my obsessions this fall to stay chic and warm all season long.

My current favorite coffee! A simple latte with a little cinnamon sprinkled on top, from Ellipsis Coffeehouse, located in Edgewater, Check them out! #Ellipsiscoffeehouse # Chicagocoffee

My absolute favorite sweater, courtesy of Nasty Gal. Very high quality cable knit, the most perfect off the shoulder touch, and a lovely v-neck shaped back. If you love it, here's the link! http://www.nastygal.com/clothes-sweaters/nasty-gal-drop-it-sweater #nastygal
No Fall would be liveable without the perfect slippers. Say what you want about Ugg and their boots, but THESE my friends are the best slippers you could ever find. #Ugg
Last but not least, a little bit of boot...not even technically a boot, but a clog. I don't care, these are perfect, I am obsessed, and they will be my next shoe purchase. Matisse/Kate Bosworth collaboration, brilliant. #boots #Matisse

Let me know about your fall favorites in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment